[SOLVED] Theme files - can't move directory over directory

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nicknormal

[SOLVED] Theme files - can't move directory over directory

Post by nicknormal »

Been a Linux Mint user for ohhhhh 10 minutes. First thing a newbie does is customize. I installed a theme file, W2K, but wanted to try another. I installed a second, didn't like it, went to go back to W2K. Then I got this error:
Screenshot.jpg
What do I do now if I want W2K theme, but "can't move directory over directory"? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Installing theme - can't move directory over directory

Post by catweazel »

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1040277
I simply used google to find it.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
nicknormal

Re: Installing theme - can't move directory over directory

Post by nicknormal »

TehGhodTrole wrote:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1040277
I simply used google to find it.
The forum is down; I used Google cache. Thanks.

Also, that's a stupid bug. I mean seriously, a Theme file error trying to re-install the file you just used; that's what deters people from Linux, frankly.
Krishnan

Re: [SOLVED] Theme files - can't move directory over directo

Post by Krishnan »

1. Open your "Home" directory
2. Press CTRL + h (This will show all hidden files in home directory)
3. Look for .Themes directory and browse into it
4. Remove the directory with the name of the theme you are trying to install. After it is successfully deleted, re-install the theme

Return to “Beginner Questions”