LMDE Cinnamon Wallpaper/Screensaver Issues

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
darethehair
Level 4
Level 4

LMDE Cinnamon Wallpaper/Screensaver Issues

Post by darethehair »

Running the latest LMDE (update pack 6) with Cinnamon, and noticed some strange behaviors on likewise-configured machines:

- Right-clicking on background brings up 'Change Desktop Background' option, but clicking this takes me to 'System Settings' instead of (?) 'Cinnamon Settings' (where the 'Backgrounds' option lives)

- In the past, I could set a background pic, and then as a cron script would update that pic (say every minute) my wallpaper would change dynamically (as expected). However, this is not working anymore -- as if the system is no longer automatically refreshing my wallpaper image as the image file itself is updated :(

- On one of my PCs, there no longer appears to be a 'screensaver' to kick in and lock the screen after X minutes of inactivity. This occurred around the time that I installed some games from the latest 'Humble Bundle' package. I have no idea if these events are linked -- but where would I look to get this functionality back?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.
TxLnx

Re: LMDE Cinnamon Wallpaper/Screensaver Issues

Post by TxLnx »

I recently began experiencing this same problem with LM 13 Maya Cinnamon 1.6.7 desktop. Right-click on desktop, click "Change Desktop Background," and System Settings opens. So it's not just confined to LMDE editions. I don't have an answer for why it's doing it.
darethehair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LMDE Cinnamon Wallpaper/Screensaver Issues

Post by darethehair »

TxLnx wrote:I recently began experiencing this same problem with LM 13 Maya Cinnamon 1.6.7 desktop. Right-click on desktop, click "Change Desktop Background," and System Settings opens. So it's not just confined to LMDE editions. I don't have an answer for why it's doing it.
Thanks for confirming that behavior, though I now notice that on my machine the 'Change Desktop Background' option now works properly. However, my 2nd issue of the desktop background not being updated when the pic itself is changing is still present. I wonder what would cause it to ignore the changes? It is as if it is no longer periodically checking :(
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.

Return to “LMDE Archive”