Time to release Mint 15

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Re: Time to release Mint 15

Post by Brahim Salem »

Waiting for Olivia :lol: :lol:

killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Install the RC, apply all the updates, and you have Olivia.

And stop being such a child. It will be released when ready. It's not because you ask everyday that it will be done faster.
If you want it faster consider donate. It will help to hire a new developer. Or give your time to help the project. :mrgreen:
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

It's listed as approved for release now
So it's probably being synced ATM
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

caf4926 wrote:It's listed as approved for release now
So it's probably being synced ATM

Great newsthanks caf4926 :D My customers have been waiting for long time now :D
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Today :roll: :roll:
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Mamma mia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Is it safe to download it from there now :D Alors on danse :D

Image Image Image Image Image
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Brahim wrote:Mamma mia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Is it safe to download it from there now :D Alors on danse :D
Why wouldn't it be?
Go ahead
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

caf4926 wrote:
Brahim wrote:Mamma mia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Is it safe to download it from there now :D Alors on danse :D
Why wouldn't it be?
Go ahead
For the same reason the RC wasn't for those who downloaded the 64-bit version before the official announcement. In that particular case it was a bad kernel. The point is, there's always a chance that the one or all of the ISOs may need to be changed before they're officially released which is just what happened to LM 15 RC (64-bit).

That being said, Mint does not hide unannounced ISOs (RC or final versions) so download away. Just be aware that there may be changes made and the ISOs re-synced before the official announcement which means you might have to download and install all over again. Small chance of that of course, but it has happened before. :)
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Just for the record
I pulled it down and installed. It's been running all day here flawlessly, running a whole bunch of apps all at the same time.

Though the post installation updates looked remarkably similar to those that came thru after installing the RC

Here is some stats:

Code: Select all

inxi -F
System:    Host: kernelcruncher-Lenovo-G550 Kernel: 3.8.0-19-generic x86_64 (64 bit) 
           Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 15 Olivia
Machine:   System: LENOVO product: 2958 version: Lenovo G550
           Mobo: LENOVO model: NITU1 version: REFERENCE Bios: LENOVO version: 18CN37WW(V2.10) date: 09/18/2009
CPU:       Dual core Pentium CPU T4300 (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3) 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1200.00 MHz 2: 1200.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller 
           X.Org: 1.13.3 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.1.1
Audio:     Card: Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.8.0-19-generic
Network:   Card-1: Broadcom BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY driver: b43-pci-bridge 
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 00:26:82:3a:a9:8e
           Card-2: Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M Fast Ethernet PCI Express driver: tg3 
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: 00:26:22:d8:61:f3
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 250.1GB (11.8% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: FUJITSU_MJA2250B size: 250.1GB 
Partition: ID: / size: 20G used: 4.9G (26%) fs: ext4 ID: /home size: 63G used: 23G (38%) fs: ext4 
           ID: swap-1 size: 3.14GB used: 0.01GB (0%) fs: swap 
RAID:      No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 43.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 166 Uptime: 7:31 Memory: 2237.6/2972.1MB Client: Shell inxi: 1.8.4 
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I think we are not going to have any Olivia for this month :( :(
warprunner

Post by warprunner »

So this may be a newb question since I am long time Ubuntu, new to Cinnamon Mint.
When it is released officially. Will I be able to do an Upgrade instead of a clean install?
I know the answer has to be yes. Just looking for verification since this is my 1st version release on Mint.
Thanks
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

warprunner wrote:So this may be a newb question since I am long time Ubuntu, new to Cinnamon Mint.
When it is released officially. Will I be able to do an Upgrade instead of a clean install?
I know the answer has to be yes. Just looking for verification since this is my 1st version release on Mint.
Thanks
Yes, you assumed correctly.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

Brahim wrote:I think we are not going to have any Olivia for this month :( :(
Still more than 2 days left yet, a lot can happen.
I have been trying it live today, the RC kept freezing, but this release works fine, I may install it.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

I've already downloaded the final off one of the USA mirrors and installed it. Applied updates and all is well. Checking back at Heanet.ie (main Mint FTP download server) the date on the ISOs are still the same. Either way, it runs fine, it's fast and stable. Heck, the RC with all applied updates seems to be no different than the yet unannounced final. The only thing I can think of is that there are some mirrors that still need to be synced--there's quite a lot of them now.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Ringing the dinner bell, "Come and get it!"
I get to test it on a netbook of my sisters :D
Should be interesting
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Mais il est lourd.... :shock:
warprunner

Post by warprunner »

samriggs wrote:Registered Linux User #545430
Ok how did you get that registration??
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

warprunner wrote:
samriggs wrote:Registered Linux User #545430
Ok how did you get that registration??
Yup I did that years ago when I got bored one day, it actually don't mean a hill of beans. It's just a fun thing that kind of shows how many use linux on the planet, (well the ones that register anyhow) then you can times that by how many ever don't register which is probably alot more then are registered.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”