Mint 13 on new hardware and it works.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
200Cub
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 13 on new hardware and it works.

Post by 200Cub »

I've just had a shock and wondered if what's happened is common with Linux operating systems. I had an Intel 775 system on a G41 motherboard with a Celeron CPU and 4Gig of ddr2. I changed the motherboard, using a Sandybridge one and 4Gig of ddr3 with a Celeron G530. I kept the hard drive with Mint 13 64bit Mate on it and booted it up to see what would happen. The shock it seems to be working perfectly. The only thing that showed errors was the sensor applet on the panel. Maybe other problems will show up but I didn't expect it to work at all. Is this normal for such different hardware to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint 13 on new hardware and it works.

Post by MartyMint »

200Cub wrote:The only thing that showed errors was the sensor applet on the panel.

Run sensors-detect again. You should get proper values back.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”