If you are having problems with multimedia look here.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
j paul

Re: If you are having problems with multimedia look here.

Post by j paul »

mint newby
i tryed it and the respons was
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-01-13 14:31:08 ERROR 404: Not Found.
T3(h_Fr34k

Re: If you are having problems with multimedia look here.

Post by T3(h_Fr34k »

j paul wrote:mint newby
i tryed it and the respons was
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-01-13 14:31:08 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Same here, I just installed the non-free codecs through Synaptic, you can also look them up in synaptic If your in need of others!
Last edited by T3(h_Fr34k on Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fixitmanarizona
Level 1
Level 1

@j paul @highball58

Post by Fixitmanarizona »

That post is getting a little long in the tooth, as it were, and applies mostly to Medibuntu and other "buntus. Who uses Medibuntu??? Does that even still exist?
Still a great guide but a lot to wade through.
Possibly since it was originally about a release from four years ago, lots of stuff in it no longer works. If there is something in the repositories that's moved, for instance, or if your current configuration doesn't check the same places... that's a whole 'nother story.
Yes, find and USE synaptic (debian/ubuntu/mint systems.) If you're on a 'Buntu system, I've found their "Software Center" to be painfully slow and freezes up terribly if you try to do anything complicated like.. remove or install a package! I typically try it, it freezes, then I open Synaptic and remove the Software Center. No idea why this is, don't care.
As to the sound problems, search this forum for Piggy's solution to No Sound. Neat snippet of code using "dpkg-reconfigure linux-sound-base." Might help a lot of systems that have been messed with, like I did mine, trying out different sound controls, media players, etc.
Fixitman

Return to “Sound”