[SOLVED] Amazon VOD videos don't play

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Raimy

[SOLVED] Amazon VOD videos don't play

Post by Raimy »

When I click on one of my videos the Amazon instant video player says it is updating the player then I get this message:

"An error occured and your player could not be updated. This is likely because your Flash Player or Browser needs to be updated. This update is required to play back this video."

This happens in both Firefox and Opera. I know flash is working because I don't have any problems watching videos anywhere else on the web (youtube, etc.). And my browsers are the latest versions offered in the Software Manager.

I tried installing and uninstalling the different flash packages in the Software Manager with no luck. I've tried things I found on other posts here on this forum and still can't watch the videos. Please does anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Raimy

Re: Amazon VOD videos don't play

Post by Raimy »

Okay, nevermind...I found the fix on the Amazon.com bbs. For anyone else that might be having this problem I installed these:

apt-get install libhal1
apt-get install hal

Then restarted Firefox and all is working now.
pvossen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Amazon VOD videos don't play

Post by pvossen »

Raimy wrote:Okay, nevermind...I found the fix on the Amazon.com bbs. For anyone else that might be having this problem I installed these:

apt-get install libhal1
apt-get install hal

Then restarted Firefox and all is working now.

I tried the same thing but no response. It works fine on Firefox on Regular Linux Mint Cinnamon. I just am trying to get the video to work on LMDE. I will try it again.
trapperjohn

Re: [SOLVED] Amazon VOD videos don't play

Post by trapperjohn »

I tried the same thing but no response. It works fine on Firefox on Regular Linux Mint Cinnamon. I just am trying to get the video to work on LMDE. I will try it again.
Post back how that goes.

I have several machines running Mint.
I have one laptop with a Mint dual boot. One runs the Amazon movies, the other doesn't. On the reluctant one I have tried complete removal and reinstall of hal, Removal and reinstall of Flash, downgrading Flash. flushing the Flash toilet with rm -rf NativeCache AssetCache APSPrivateData2, and creating a Firefox profile that has the door wide open.
Stanley_Krute

Re: [SOLVED] Amazon VOD videos don't play

Post by Stanley_Krute »

Code: Select all

apt-get install libhal1
apt-get install hal
Ah, thanks so much, I've tried many other solutions on a Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon setup. All else failed, but this worked !!

-- stan

Return to “Software & Applications”