Humble Bundle 8 ?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
homerscousin

Humble Bundle 8 ?

Post by homerscousin »

Humble Bundle 8 is now available if you don't already know. It has 4 days remaining. They added Oil Rush to the bundle.

Just a simple question(s) for anyone who has purchased one of these bundles. What is the procedure after purchasing? Need to set up account? Do I download the whole thing or chose individual games from an account as wanted? Is there a connection to Steam? How big is the bundle? Looks like it might be at least a few Gb. At the bottom of the page it states they accept all major credit cards, but I saw no Visa button. That sort of stuff. I read what I could on the Humble page, just not quite clear. Not sure I want it in the first place.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jamesc359

Re: Humble Bundle 8 ?

Post by Jamesc359 »

homerscousin wrote:Not sure I want it in the first place.
Personally I think that all of the games in this bundle are worth every cent of the asking price.
homerscousin wrote:What is the procedure after purchasing?
After you've purchased the bundle they'll send you a link to your email address. If you have an account you can choose to associate that link/page with your account. You can always create an account and associate the purchase later on if you wish. From this page you can download the games as a stand alone package or when available as Steam Keys. Obviously Linux versions of the games are not always available on Steam so in those instances you'll have no choice but to get game package.
homerscousin wrote:Need to set up account?
No you don't. However it is beneficial to do so since then you can link all your purchases to one account and download games/music/Steam keys without having to find the email they sent you with the link in it.
homerscousin wrote:Do I download the whole thing or chose individual games from an account as wanted?
You can download the games/music individually. There is no option to download them all as a single package.
homerscousin wrote:Is there a connection to Steam?
Yes, most games come with a (usually optional) Steam key. Under Steam all of the games are available for Windows, but presently the Linux versions of Dear Esther and Little Inferno aren't.
homerscousin wrote:How big is the bundle?
Some games have different package options. E.g. deb, rpm, bin, sh or tar, etc. which are slightly different sizes so these sizes are approximate.

Code: Select all

GAME     FLAC      MP3
Awesomenauts                       718.2MB  999.4MB  312.7MB
Capsized                           584.7MB  488.5MB    205MB
Dear Esther                            1GB  232.9MB   78.4MB
English Country Tune               133.2MB  222.1MB   89.6MB
Intrusion 2                         84.6MB  175.2MB   52.2MB
Litle Inferno                      187.3MB  129.9MB   30.4MB
Oil Rush                           786.2MB  282.8MB     92MB
Thomas Was Alone                   152.3MB  152.8MB   36.9MB
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers    1.1GB  473.5MB   92.6MB

TOTAL                                4.8GB    3.2GB    990MB
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Thanks, Jamesc359. What you tell me is pretty much what I thought from reading the Humble page. I can download what I want and when I want and install it as a standalone app. I watched the demo video for Litte Inferno. Was that a little bunny you could toss into the fire and watch him burn? Ouch. No problems then, I'll decide.
Jamesc359

Post by Jamesc359 »

homerscousin wrote:Thanks, Jamesc359. What you tell me is pretty much what I thought from reading the Humble page. I can download what I want and when I want and install it as a standalone app. I watched the demo video for Litte Inferno. Was that a little bunny you could toss into the fire and watch him burn? Ouch. No problems then, I'll decide.
Your welcome.

Yes there are some stuffed animals that you can toss in the fire, including a rather deranged bunny. They're all inanimate objects though, none of it is living. Or should I say none of it is a digital representation of a living being.
Booman

Post by Booman »

The Humble Bundles are GREAT! I have a whole bunch of games associated with it and the keys for Desura and Steam.

I love the fact that if they update the game, it updates also with your Humble Bundle account. So you can download it again later... like Overgrowth.
Humble Bundle has been a huge push in the Linux gaming arena

Return to “Gaming”