LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby jiml on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!
jiml
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby nobodynoze on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:14 am

jiml wrote:I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!

It takes forever to boot up, too. :)
nobodynoze
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby woodsman on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Look at this post to provide yourself a way of finding the problem.

why are there two of these?

Do you have both Cinnamon and Mate installed?
woodsman
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Other Topics