How to adjust the mouse's scroll

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barquillo

How to adjust the mouse's scroll

Post by barquillo »

Hi everyone! i'm new at the forum and a newbie with linux and i just installed a distro with KDE (mint 14). Here is my problem, i wanna know how can i adjust the scroll movement of my mouse. The problem is that when i open system preferences -> input devices -> mouse -> advanced and i try to change the value of "Mouse wheel scrolls by" (it's set in 4 lines), there is not change at all. I tried put 12 lines, 1 lines (to see if there is any visible change) and nothing! Even if i restart the computer or unplug and reconnected the mouse nothing happends. So, as i resigned to change this with the "easy" metod, i wanna know which files, which alternative method i had to use to configure this. I hope you have understood me, because my english is not good xD. Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cerule

Re: How to adjust the mouse's scroll

Post by Cerule »

This isn't comprehensive answer to your question but if you mouse for scrolling in Firefox/Chrome you can adjust the it using add-ons like Yet Another Smooth Scrolling for Firefox.

Return to “Software & Applications”