mr.alattas wrote:Hello everyone
Sometime when I work on my laptop suddenly the operating system hung and I can't move mouse or press anything in keyboard. But I have 4 GB Ram and nvidia geforce graphic card 512 MB!!
What is the main problem to event it?
How Can I know the graphic card is definition ?
Before anyone can give you a solution, can you give some more information?
1. What are you doing when the system hangs?
2. Does it hang at the same point? or is it random
3. Are you using the internet when it hangs? or is it when you are in a application?
4. Can you open ksystem log and click on the system load tab and see if your cpu usage is at 100%?
5. Does your laptop seem to be hot? Heat issues will cause lockups
6. Are you wired or wireless when connecting to the internet?
7. If you go to /var/log and look in your syslog file and see if there are errors, If so, Please copy and paste just the error so we can help you better.
8. If you are seeing errors, copy and paste them in Google and you definitely will find information about that error and maybe a resolution.
9. When was the last time your system was updated?
10. Can you open Kinfo, and post the version of the kernel you are using?
Just a suggestion, Get familiar with the log files in the /var/log directory, This will help you determine what errors you are getting and help with learning how linux works. The dmeg log file will give you bios information which can be very helpful when you need to give information on what type of system you have. The boot log file will tell you how linux is booting and show you errors, and the syslog file will show you errors with hardware and software.
If you can give more information, I am sure someone here will be able to assist you with a resolution.