No wifi since the last update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dzsobacsi

No wifi since the last update

Post by dzsobacsi »

Dear All,

Since I have updated the computer of my wife there is no wireless connection available. Last update contained also a kernel upgrade from 3.2 to 3.9. (Can it cause this problem?) There is a BCM4313 wireless card in there.

Now, if I boot the new kernel the inxi -N shows that no driver has been loaded for the wireless card at all.

Code: Select all

Network:   Card-1 Broadcom BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller BusID: 44:00.0
           Card-2 Realtek RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI at port 2000 BusID: 45:00.0
I have tried to load a driver manually with "modprobe wl" then I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

root@rita_hp:/etc/apt# modprobe wl
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:791 kmod_module_insert_module: could not find module by name='wl'
ERROR: could not insert 'wl': Function not implemented
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:925 command_do: Error running install command for wl
ERROR: could not insert 'wl': Operation not permitted
If I boot the old kernel, then wireless works properly and the driver called "wl" is used.

Any idea, how to resolve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsugi

Re: No wifi since the last update

Post by kurotsugi »

I'm currently using liquorix kernel and it seems that it tends to more stable than debian's kernel. you might want to try it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”