KMyMoney and OFX - Online

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rec9140

KMyMoney and OFX - Online

Post by rec9140 »

In testing out KMyMoney it seems the OFX plug in is installed (correct? since Import/OFX is there) so this could be another piece of the puzzle for me as I do all online banking for quite some time.

The problem I am having is setting up accounts for direct import. Its greyed out in the menu, so I figured it needs enabled...

I put in an account and following the instructions to goto edit account and look for the online bankling section to configure I can not find this section to edit and enable the online connection for ofx per http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/online ... p.ofx.html

Does the KDE Dvd version 0.8 have the OFX plugin? Was -enable-ofxbanking compile option used along with the libs needed for this for the version included? ? ? ?

Any hints on getting OFX direct connect/online to work? And where the hidden config for the online section of an account is?? ? ?

NOTE: I am not interested in the import option, only the direct connect to the bank.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: KMyMoney and OFX - Online

Post by Boo »

the answer is I dont know. we didnt compile it and I dont konw enough about it to know about its plugins.
but now i do know.

I use gnucash.
check it out, i love it.
and it does all you want to do.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
rec9140

Re: KMyMoney and OFX - Online

Post by rec9140 »

Boo wrote:the answer is I dont know. we didnt compile it and I dont konw enough about it to know about its plugins.
but now i do know.

I use gnucash.
check it out, i love it.
and it does all you want to do.
I'll look at it, but maybe this can be corrected for later versions of the distro.

I seem to recall looking at GnuCash before and decided it was trying to be too much of an accounting package for what I do ala the old Peachtree which came on 40+ 5.25" disks.

Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”