Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220 on LM14 & LM 15

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
desQEDo
Level 1
Level 1

Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220 on LM14 & LM 15

Post by desQEDo »

I have been trying to get my C360 Series C220 color laser all in one networked copier/printer scanner to work since LM14 was introduced. I searched everywhere I could think of and only came up with more problems including freezing the printer! :shock:
I believe I have the solution and have placed in it Tutorials: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1268. :D
I hope this is the correct way to do things. Any feedback is welcome.

Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220 on LM15 MATE 64 update:
lsb-release: “Linux Standard Base version reporting utility”, Version 4.0-0ubuntu27 – is installed by default, but is dependent upon “lsb” so doesn't do the trick. Synaptic also did its freezing up tantrum, making a reboot necessary before the necessary “Linux Standard Base 4.0 support package” could be installed. :o
Then, once again:
Menu->Admin->Printers->Add, click Network Printer, select the KM360 with IP address, Forward, select Provide PPD file, got to where you downloaded & expanded the driver and Open KOC360UX (CUPS1.2), click Forward, select any options you may have, then Forward again, type in the (optional) Location and click Apply. If you use Letter size paper when prompted to print a test page do so. If your paper is A4 choose not to, double click on the Printers icon of the installed printer, go to Printer Options and change the paper size and maybe set Print Type to 1-Sided and click Apply. Be aware NOT to scroll with the mouse in the menus otherwise many things can change inadvertently without being noticed!
The Konica-Minolta C360 Series networked printer now works again like a charm with LM 15 MATE 64 using the KM supplied driver! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220 color laser all in one printe

Post by pdc_2 »

that is great and very helpful and instructive; many thanks
attacc

KONICA MINOLTA C360 and Linux mint 15 Mate 64 bit

Post by attacc »

Dear all

I tried different way to make work the printer KONICA MINOLTA C360 with Linux Mint 15 MATE,
without success. The test page works, but any PDF file fails.

I tried the solution proposed

http://straightbanana.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/konica-minolta-bizhub-c220-on-64-bit-linux-mint-14-mate-finally-solved/

but doesn't work. I also tried to use a Generic Postscript driver but the printer gets freeze.

Any idea or suggestion? it was working well with linux mint 13, 32 bit.

Regards
Claudio
attacc

Re: KONICA MINOLTA C360 and Linux mint 15 Mate 64 bit

Post by attacc »

Ok also the test page doesn't work, it just print the upper part with color, but not the writing

any suggestion?

cla
desQEDo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: KONICA MINOLTA C360 and Linux mint 15 Mate 64 bit

Post by desQEDo »

Maybe the sequence of events... My KM Bizhub C220 worked in LM14 64 MATE and now works great, including pdf files, in LM15 64 MATE.
Did you remove the original printer driver installation first, then install LSB (and the connected lsb-printing etc.) with Synaptic and after that reinstall the KM printer driver? The right sequence is important it seems.
viking777

Re: Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220 on LM14 & LM 15

Post by viking777 »

Topics merged by moderator as they appear to be dealing with the same problem.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”