Install Daryna or wait for Elyssa???

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
billb60

Install Daryna or wait for Elyssa???

Post by billb60 »

Seeing that Elyssa will be out by the end of next month. Will be saving myself a bunch of headaches by waiting for Elyssa or installing Daryna now, then uninstall Daryna and the install what looks like a much better Elyssa and possible break something and not be able to fix it i.e. Grub or MBR?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Install Daryna or wait for Elyssa???

Post by 67GTA »

If it were me, I would wait. The testing release of Elyssa should be out in the next week or two, so you can help us start ironing out the bugs :D
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Well, I would wait as well but you won't need to uninstall Daryna, just reformat as you install Elyssa. shouldn't cause problems or really be hard but personally just wait, but your choice :)
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I just had a new build yesterday and installed Mint 4 Daryna GNOME. It was a standard /boot, /swap. /root, and /home setup. When Mint 5 is ready, it will be an easy upgrade on that machine. Nothing will be lost, and there will be several weeks worth of joy to experience.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Hoping some of the Broadcom issues I've had with previous Mint releases are being ironed out. Only one week until test release is out? Beautiful.
billb60

Post by billb60 »

lakehousetech wrote:Hoping some of the Broadcom issues I've had with previous Mint releases are being ironed out. Only one week until test release is out? Beautiful.
I got so frustrated with trying to get Broadcom to work I replaced the card with an intel card off ebay for $15. After get over that hurdle I could start to test different distro's and settled on Mint it worked the most out of the box.

Return to “Beginner Questions”