livecd sends me to busybox (getting absolutely frustrated

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Syncopate

livecd sends me to busybox (getting absolutely frustrated

Post by Syncopate »

Every other LiveCD I have used (Ubuntu Dapper->Feisty) has worked perfectly fine. But using both Ubuntu Gutsy and Mint 4.0 has failed to work. Every time I try to load, I get sent to the busybox terminal. After removing the splash, I see errors with fd0. Here's what I've tried so far:

the modprobe piix option in busybox ("piix not found")
removing "quiet --splash" and adding "all generic_ide irqpoll"
disabling my floppy in BIOS (which I never use anyway), both with normal boot options, and with "all generic_ide irqpoll"

All give me the same problems.

I'm absolutely frustrated. I'm trying to get away from Ubuntu Hardy, and am now starting to think it wasn't so bad after all (After having MASS problems with BSD, then being unable to boot into LiveCD on either Ubuntu Gutsy or Mint 4.0).

Someone PLEASE help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: livecd sends me to busybox (getting absolutely frustrated

Post by Lantesh »

I'm not sure if Mint has one, but Ubuntu has an alternate install CD that uses a text based installer. Perhaps that would help???
Syncopate

Post by Syncopate »

Let's say that's not an option. Help me with the current problem please.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Try putting a blank floppy in the floppy drive or disconnect the power to the floppy drive.

Return to “Installation & Boot”