Are the Mint Forums slow or not loading for you?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Asking as trying to nail down it's Me or It's You kind of problem.

Last couple of weeks been getting intermittent "Waiting for linux mint" page loads.
Other sites load fine but Linux mint seem bottled necked?

As sometimes have to wait 5 or 10mins and come back and forum pages load just fine.
Works for 5 or 10min then start getting the Wait message after 30 seconds then just cancel and wait again.

Remember this happening before and they looked into and the problem disappeared for awhile and ran smoothly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Are the Mint Forums slow or not loading for you?

Post by altair4 »

Yes indeed. It has become very slow. I usually give up after a minute or so so I can't confirm if it takes the 5 or 10 minutes you mentioned.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

altair4 wrote:Yes indeed. It has become very slow. I usually give up after a minute or so so I can't confirm if it takes the 5 or 10 minutes you mentioned.
Yep just means I come back to it 5 or 10mins kind of thing and the pages load.
But then at some point the Choking comes back again eventually.
Like now trying to post this response stopped the posting after 30 seconds of nothing happening.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Much the same for me. Slows down, then runs normally for a bit then slows down again. Overall it is pretty poor (again) :(
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

Yes, and only the Mint forums. I can load up Facebook, Google News, and a plethora of other sites in the same time it can take to load the Mint forums. However, if I disconnect from my router and reconnect, the page seems to speed up significantly. I thought it was just my end....
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Same here. It seems like this happens a lot lately.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Dyfi

Post by Dyfi »

Response is down for me as well.
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

Yes. Slow here too, I give up waiting sometimes.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
wheeledgoat

Post by wheeledgoat »

sometimes a page load seems to hang for me, but if i open another tab it'll run just fine. but then a random page load will hang on that one too so I'll go back to the first...
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

Same slow loading here. LinuxQuestions loads instantly instead. I guess the popularity of Mint is overloading the server.
trapperjohn

Post by trapperjohn »

Yup, slow

I have noticed that the ip, 213.175.215.218, seems to load immediately when the forum (located at 213.175.215.218/) is hanging. The subdomain seems to be the jam.
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

It seems too slow to help folks now, I was not sure even if I was going to be able to post in this thread.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Clicked the reply button and it took 20 seconds to get a "post a reply" page! Yes I have noticed sluggish performance lately... :(
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

Very slow , most of the time for me, and have been like that for a long time, not just recently. I posted earlier with similar slow issue.

It is also quite bad when I type a long post.... clicking reply may just hang up for very long and when finally it returns, all the typing are gone :evil:

so if I have a long post, I would Save draft first.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Hmmm I wonder who do we contact to look into this.
As didn't see a post from a mod or admin letting us know they are aware of it.

As also didn't see a specific to site issues group in board index.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Both viking777 and tdockery97 are moderators so if they don't carry any weight around here the rest of us are doomed :)
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Ahhh I see now that they are.
Need to drink more coffee before responding! :?
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

altair4 wrote:
Both viking777 and tdockery97 are moderators so if they don't carry any weight around here the rest of us are doomed :)
As there have been multiple topics with the same complaint I'm sure it does not go unnoticed. To quote Xenopeek;
We are aware of these problems and apologize for the recurring inconvenience, it interferes with our work here also :| It was just this February that the forums were moved to a new bigger server.
Pat
viking777

Post by viking777 »

The complaints have been picked up (we always listen to you - surely you know that :) ). The comments have been passed on to the 'management'. Having said that the forum seems to have been a bit better today for me at least, that may just be luck or maybe the forum wizard has been tinkering with settings already, I am not sure about that.

Edit. About 60 seconds after I posted that comment it went back to 'freezing' mode again :( Oh well, teach me to open my mouth :lol:
HarzVieh

Post by HarzVieh »

Yes.. the same problem here.. can someone from you explain what is it what makes fast server? From my noobs knowledge, it's having very big RAM and sitting near the backbone.. what I interpret, being near the highway, or having very big upload speed.
It's not that we post many pictures here, or clips.. and there are only like 300 people simultaneosly surfing the forum.. :|

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”