Skype screen share freezes desktop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
juandlr

Skype screen share freezes desktop

Post by juandlr »

Hi,

Im new to using Mint, my favorite distribution so far, love Cinammon but there is always something that just ruins something otherwise perfect.
Everytime i try to share my screen with skype, my desktop freezes and the only thing i can do is right click, basically it becomes unusable, sometimes im lucky to right click and close skype so that i can regain control of the desktop or wait till the other person hangs up. Is anyone else experiencing this, any fixes.

Thank You
Juan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Parity

Re: Skype screen share freezes desktop

Post by Parity »

I am having his same issue. It worked fine for me on Mint 14.
2mac

Post by 2mac »

Also having this issue on Mint 15. On top of that, when the other party shares their screen or turns on video, it only comes through as a green rectangle.
Ruby1563

Post by Ruby1563 »

I'm a new Linux user and also having this issue. When tried finding a solution I found this thread so I hope I'm not bumping the thread for no reason if there's a solution elsewhere.

Return to “Software & Applications”