USB 2.0 Support

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
salpiche
Level 1
Level 1

USB 2.0 Support

Post by salpiche »

I have a USB 2.0 PCI card installed in my box, when it was dual boot with win... it wirked fine on the windows side and on the Mint side was kind of slow but not too slow, recently I noticed that it takes 2 to 4 hours to transfer a 60 mb files from the sd card on to the computer. has anyone else experience the same and is there a fix for this?

Note: upon a Mint fresh install the card would read and write at a good speed, after a few updates it's slow down to a crawl.

Help! :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: USB 2.0 Support

Post by Husse »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#Speeds
I suppose you don't have the slowest speed rate - that should give you more than an hour as the normal time used :)
Unfortunately I have not found anything about your problem which surprises me
salpiche
Level 1
Level 1

Post by salpiche »

yeah I was aware of that, and it weird because this is a high speed card, I can take that same card and change it from my 2.0 to my 1.0 and it would transfer the same files in about 1 minute. now if I rebooted and used win (when I had it) and did the same thing it would do it in under a minute. I have opted to beleive that it is just a Ubuntu / Mint USB support issue, since I have not seen this under Fedora or PClinux. Sad :(
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have marked this as unsolved for myself and will get back to it when/if I have time
Husse

Post by Husse »

I've looked at it again and I fear this is a hard nut to crack
Some more info please
Which version of Mint?
Do you know what updates you made? (yes I know, I don't write it down either...)
Your hardware
USB 2.0 PCI card - which?
Which cardreader? Not Ricoh by any chance?

Return to “Hardware Support”