gimpshop???

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

gimpshop???

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

has anyone got gimpshop or whatever it is called going? it looks like you have to compile it or whatever and that there are no compleete packages to download and install in synaptic. It doesn't come up. I would love to use it since Gimp is too hard to figure out as is, and if it is a bit more gui -oriented to photoshop that would make it easier for me to get my head around it a bit.

thnaks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Re: gimpshop???

Post by atlef »

Did you download the Debian package? or the source package?

The .deb should work. Not able to confirm this though.

atlef.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

That is the problem - not sure if it will work or what to do once I download it. I know zero command line.

I do not want to get this new system glitched out that i spent all week tweaking.

sorry.

right clicked and insatll using gdebi installer and it did but I cannot find it anywhere? any clue???
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

seems like it install stuf over it - but to be honest - I do not see much difference between the two of them... starnge.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

What it does is simply to rearrange the menu entries a bit to make them more "Photoshopish", I tried it once, and since I'm not a Photoshop user to begin with, it messed up everything even further... :?
If what you're after is an application without the floating palettes, I recommend that you take look at Krita or possibly Pixel
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks Zwopper - I am going to give this a try.
Last edited by GrayWizardLinux on Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Me too. Although I have spent time getting used to Gimp I have to agree that it isn't the most user friendly program. Once you get the hang of it though it's great. Thanks for the suggestions!
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

No problems, don't forget that you can find some useful plug ins to Krita here.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Thanks again. Looks like some good plugins there. It's a pretty powerful program considering that it's free. How does it compare to Photoshop? I've used PS only briefly, so I have no idea what the comparison is.

Return to “Beginner Questions”