Hi All!!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Simtech68

Hi All!!!

Post by Simtech68 »

Hi, I'm fairly new with Linux, messed with it a few years back but never really did anything with it. After years of using Unix for my job and after checking out the latest distros, I've decided to take my computer that I built a few years ago and turn it into a Linux machine. I've never really been a Windows fan but at least in their history they've had a couple of good releases with XP being the latest one. 7 is OK and I really hate the look and feel of 8.

Anyway I digress, I really would like to get fully away from windows and since Linux has come a long way in the last few years, I'm hoping to get there.

I recently check out Ubuntu only to find out I didn't like the look or feel of their latest version. Keep in mind that I last looked at their stuff somewhere along the lines of version 8.** Then I found Mint, and I really like what I saw...... a lot. Hats off to everyone who puts in time and effort on this because it really impressed me.....that's saying a lot because I don't impress easily.

Anyway, I haven't done a full install yet but will soon, and I'm sure I be on the forums searching for answers and asking question :D ......so see ya soon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hi All!!!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
SC23

Post by SC23 »

I am in somewhat the same boat as you... I am a relative noob and took the plunge a couple weeks ago. I have had very very few problems and am completely enjoying Mint. I havent booted Windows except in one emergency deal since I installed Mint. I havent found an application or need that hasnt been met yet without just a little research or the mighty helpful folks here in the forums.

Cmon in... the water's fine! :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day
Welcome to the Mint forum :mrgreen:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day
Welcome to the Mint forum :mrgreen:
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”