Password Field and Virtual Keyboard , not possible?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Password Field and Virtual Keyboard , not possible?

Postby HaShLo on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hi everyone,

i have a question. I have a Tablet Notebook ,until yesterday i used Ubuntu as Distribution on it and on this system , it was possible to write with virtual keyboard , when for example a password field comes out , to ask the root password.

See picture:

But i dont like Unity as Window manager and changed to Linux Mint. But there is a big problem , because you are not able to write on the virtual keyboard when the pop up window comes out to ask the password. That is because of the dark background which locks all the applications on the background.

See picture:

So the question is, is it possible to deactivate the background or disable the background completely , where i am again able to activate other applications like in ubuntu such as the virtual keyboard?

Thx for replies and for help
HaShLo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Password Field and Virtual Keyboard , not possible?

Postby HaShLo on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:08 am

have somebody any idea?
HaShLo
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions