Unable to Install 2 Wacom Dependencies

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Unable to Install 2 Wacom Dependencies

Post by Guest »

Hi! This is Suu999, and I have been using Linux for over a year, and have just recently replaced my OpenSUSE installation with LinuxMint 4.0 Daryna. It works like a dream!! Excellent performance!! I have a Gateway MT342 laptop model (numbers may not be correct, but it's the MT series), which has an AMD 64X processor, NVidia graphics card, and is Vista-ready. I bought it just over last summer, probably in July 2007.

Cutting to the chase, here is my problem: I want to install the Gutsy Gibbon Wacom drivers to it, but I'm having a problem with installing two pesky dependencies: G++-4.1.2-16, and libstdc++6-4.1-dev. The odd thing about those dependencies is, if I click on one to install, like G++-4.1, it says, "needs 2 packages to install" which includes libstdc++6-4.1. So if I click on libstdc++6-4.1, it says the same thing, except that it requires G++-4.1. It's not making any sense to me why I can't install either one of them, I haven't had this problem with them before. :( And I need these two before I can install the rest of the Wacom-related dependencies!! And no, my machine is not connected to the Internet to download them. I do Internet stuff on another computer, and save all my stuff to a jumpdrive.
I'm thinking about performing a force-install if I have to from commandline, but if there are other ways or what the hang up is, please tell me. Thank you in advance, I'm quite anxious to get my Wacom running again! :D

Cheers!
Suu999
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Unable to Install 2 Wacom Dependencies

Post by Husse »

libstdc++6-4.1-dev is in Daryna by default I think - at least my machine has it
However with the standard Daryna repos (and Romeo) I did not find G++-4.1.2-16
Where did you find it?
This can be the problem
Husse

Re: Unable to Install 2 Wacom Dependencies

Post by Husse »

Suu999 wrote:I found the G++ off the Ubuntu packages site. And I'm Guest; I just didn't realize I wasn't logged in when I made the post.
Where exactly?
Because I can't find it
On the other hand as it is from Ubuntu it should work if it's the same generation - i.e. for Daryna you must use gutsy repos

Return to “Hardware Support”