turn off question

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yanixia

turn off question

Post by yanixia »

How do I get Linux Mint 14 to not do anything when I close the lid? I'm running Linux Mint 14 on a Toshiba Satellite C655, and I'm connecting an external monitor to my laptop, along with an external keyboard and mouse. How do I change the settings on ux Mint 14 so that I only display the screen to the second monitor, and the computer doesn't turn off when I close the lid? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: turn off question

Post by passerby »

I'm not on my laptop to check right now, but I believe you can change that setting in power management.
In MATE it's System > Preferences > Power Management
or

Code: Select all

mate-power-preferences
from the terminal.
bayvista
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bayvista »

I'm using MATE on LM13 and there is no Power Management under Preferences.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

bayvista wrote:I'm using MATE on LM13 and there is no Power Management under Preferences.
from distrowatch, here are the versions of mate-desktop program. In order to the right, they are version in 15, in 14 and then in Maya version 13. It is this part of the system which has the power management.

mate-desktop (1.6.1) 1.6.0 1.4.2 1.2.0

http://mate-desktop.org/

Do you have "control center" on the Menu? I find the power settings there in version 14.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Return to “Beginner Questions”