sbackup restore failure

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
arlen

sbackup restore failure

Post by arlen »

I have looked for info on this problem...no luck...when I do a full BU followed by an inc using manual mode to a USB drive and then pull up the restore function I find my bu's available for restore but when I request a restore of...say the home bu... I get a small blank window and what appears to be a frozen screen...neither the screen or the blank window want to close and when a force-close is used I lose control of the system...the screen looks normal when trying to load an app it just grinds for several seconds then stops...I am able to open the Computer and Home window from desktop but no apps...during all of my attempts to get the restore function to work I had one good event...to check restore I trashed one of the folders in home and tried to restore...on the "good" event my trashed folder did get restored...I am trying to move my graphics work from PS2/XP to Gimp on Mint and I need a reliable method of save/restore...on XP I was able to do this with Acronis TI and BU Wolf...anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong...and how to correct it...so far I have managed to work through all of my other challenges but not this one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: sbackup restore failure

Post by Husse »

I think that maybe you should ask at sbackup
http://sbackup.sourceforge.net/HomePage

Return to “Beginner Questions”