Hardware advice, anyone have one of these?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Hardware advice, anyone have one of these?

Post by exploder »

I am close to talking my Wife into letting me buy a new pc! I am on a tight budget and it is cheaper for me to buy one than to build my own these days. Here is what I am considering.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3815923428

Does anyone have LinuxMint running on this model? The specifications do not go into very much detail so I can not determine things like what sound card it has. I am guessing it has onboard intel everything, and that would be fine. If I can convince my Wife to let me make the purchase I can use my current machine that I built as a dedicated machine for testing.

PLEASE, let me know if you have LinuxMint running on this setup, I would greatly appreciate it!

I will have a LinuxMint Daryna CD with me when I go to Best Buy, just to be safe!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Hardware advice, anyone have one of these?

Post by exploder »

Never mind, all the hardware is supported, Compiz even works!
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

That looks like a really good deal, too. Have fun.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Thanks! I have it all set up and running perfect. I thought I would have problems with Compiz and the Intel Graphics but to my surprise everything just worked. I can't beat the bang for my buck from this machine! I would recommend this Compaq to anyone on a budget!

Return to “Hardware Support”