graphic distortion?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
symon1980

graphic distortion?

Post by symon1980 »

hi, i just intsalled mint kde on my other computer, everything is fine with my original pc, but on my spare computer,
i get a weird graphic distortion on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
has anybody else ever had this? does anybody know how to fix it?
its not my monitor, because it doesn't happen in windows. Also, i can clear it up if i re login to mint,
but the graphic distortion comes back again after a little while, especially if i scroll through the mint menu, it comes instantly
this is a weird bug that i have:s
i've tried reinstalling mint, and it still happens also.
any suggestions?
i took a snapshot so i can show you, but in the snapshot, the graphic distortion doesn't show :s
weird
any suggestions?
thanx :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
symon1980

Re: graphic distortion?

Post by symon1980 »

now that i think about it, i think its a ati driver issue :s
if i go into m ati control center, and click on "identify displays" it clears up temporaryily.
argh. annoying
although...... i had the gnome version of mint installed on the same pc for around 3 months, and i never had this problem.
so i don't know whats goin on:(
i prefer kde over gnome, bah. looks like i'll have to go back to gnome if i can't fix this
:( :( :(
craigw

Re: graphic distortion?

Post by craigw »

hi

you're not the only one to have had this problem. i had it on gnome and managed to fix it permanently. i've now switched to kde and am getting the exact same problem as you describe. how do you fix it? i can't remember! it was months ago. if memory serves it was all to do with compiz. it wasn't enough just to disable compiz, you had to remove something. i'm quite happy to live without compiz anyway, who needs bouncing cursors? i'll have a play and if i manage to find the relevant thread on the ubuntu forums that dealt with the issue, i'll post the details here.

i could also clear this up temporarily by doing the same in the ati control centre but i'm pretty sure it wasn't the ati drivers that were the issue. sorry i can't be of more help, but i know this is fixable.

Return to “Software & Applications”