NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX + Intel Core i7 3630QM

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pethor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX + Intel Core i7 3630QM

Post by pethor »

Hey guys!

First of all - I know that this is quite a ... difficult topic, but I would really like to install the proprietary Nvidia driver for my new notebook, which has an integrated graphics chip.

(Important) Specs:
- Intel Core i7 3630 QM
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX
- Linux Mint 15 64 bit everything updated

(The proprietary driver dialog doesn't show anything I could install...)

I've already attempted to install the driver from the Nvidia website, but then I stumbled upon the sticky thread in this forum from McLovin [url]http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=117643[/url], that the general method for installing such drivers won't work (for hybrid PCs).
So here's my question: After 2 days of trying to get the graphics working (including a complete system re-installations because I was unable to get the graphics working again at all) I would really like to ask you guys - the professionals :)

I've also already tried using the nvidia-current and nvidia-current-updates + uninstalling / disabling the nouveau driver, but I simply cannot get it working ... :(
Furthermore I am somehow unable to change settings in my BIOS / UEFI (it's running in legacy mode) - It's from American Megatrends Version 2.15.1227. The BIOS only allows viewing, not saving any changes and some of the fields cannot be modified ... Probably I will ask this question in another board. But could this have any impact on my graphics?

Any suggestions? I hope I will not start a shit storm by asking this question :D

btw THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX + Intel Core i7 3630QM

Post by caf4926 »

I think you need to employ Bumblebee
But I'm unsure of it's implementation in Mint/Ubuntu
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
pethor

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX + Intel Core i7 3630QM

Post by pethor »

caf4926 wrote:I think you need to employ Bumblebee
But I'm unsure of it's implementation in Mint/Ubuntu
WOW!

:mrgreen: Thank you so much, this bumblebee thing is working! I just have to run "optirun" and everything is working fine :D
THANK YOU SIR!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”