Windows 7 Taskbar issues

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
3mutts

Windows 7 Taskbar issues

Post by 3mutts »

Ok, my sister pressed the tab key when signing into orgin and now its like her task bar is clicking itself, Ill try to see if this is a Windows issue or a hardware issue by booting into a Linux Live USB and seeing if it persists. Also, She spilled nail polish remover by accident on it and I don't know if that caused it to do this , she has been using a separate keyboard to use the PC sense the accident broke the keyboard. Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
skywolfblue
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Windows 7 Taskbar issues

Post by skywolfblue »

Windows has a program called "On Screen Keyboard":
You can find it by either clicking on the keyboard icon in the lower left-hand side of the log-in screen,
Or opening up My Computer, and typing "On Screen Keyboard" into the search field.

Is the tab key (or any other keyboard key) flickering or pressed when it shouldn't be? (Keys turn white when pressed)
If so, replace or clean the keyboard.
If not, it's probably a windows or software problem.
3mutts

Re: Windows 7 Taskbar issues

Post by 3mutts »

^ We are replacing the keyboard tomorrow, if that doesn't fix it then it is windows.

Return to “Open Chat”