g

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxGamer2013

g

Post by LinuxGamer2013 »

Lets Show are demand by heading over and on posting the blizzard forums

Posted by "name removed" know that Blizzard never made a game for Linux but this game must support it!
Zeriyah Community Manager
"We do not have plans to support Linux at this time. However, if there is a great demand for it from our community, we may consider supporting it in the future"

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9454215522
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?82992-Blizzard-Say-s-it-Will-Support-Linux-if-we-have-great-demand-for-it

for once Linux user let flood the Blizzard Forums
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Booman

Re: Blizzard Says it Will Support Linux if the have great de

Post by Booman »

Ah the old "Chicken-n-Egg" problem...
Will they get Linux demand if they don't make games available for Linux?

We have all seen the result with Steam, Kickstarter and Humble Bundle. Make the Linux games available and the demand grows.
I don't know if it will ever work the other way around, but I'm sure the numbers Blizzard is looking for towers way above the actual number of Linux gamers.

Honestly I don't even play any Blizzard games. I have Diablo II and thats about it.
farmwife

Post by farmwife »

You've probably noticed that, every time the Linux community finds a fix for the latest Wow Launcher problem, the very next Launcher update breaks something else in Linux. My view is that this is deliberate because, like most large software and hardware companies, Blizzard is totally in Microsoft's pocket. The good news is that, with Microsoft's purchase of Nokia and Ballmer's unequivocal statement at the news conference that Microsoft will become purely a tablet and smartphone OS developer and abandon the desktop workstation and laptop market, Linux is on its way to becoming the only realistic choice for desktop and laptop users. And there will always be at least laptop users because people need to write 3,000-word documents, run spreadsheets and do vector modelling, and good luck doing any of those things on a tablet or smartphone. I even foresee a day when World of Warcraft will be abandonware and the only servers will be private servers offering WoW clients that work well in Linux.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

LinuxGamer2013 wrote:"We do not have plans to support Linux at this time. However, if there is a great demand for it from our community, we may consider supporting it in the future"
Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Return to “Gaming”