Ipod type player for FLAC???

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lantesh

Ipod type player for FLAC???

Post by Lantesh »

Does anyone know if there is a portable Ipod type player that supports .flac files? I've recently gathered together both my father's CD collection, and my CD collection of "American and British Oldies" music from the 50's-70's. I decided to rip all of them to .flac because I wanted a lossless format. I'd like to put the collection on something portable that I can take in the car, or plug into the home stereo system. Does anyone recommend a good product?

Edit: I did find this link which has good info if anyone else is interested.
http://flac.sourceforge.net/links.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Nomad

Re: Ipod type player for FLAC???

Post by Nomad »

Try an Ipod with Rockbox installed. Its on the page you posted ;)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Yes of course, but hey people like me like the ipod. (Minus everything apple puts on it.)
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Thanks for the info guys. After checking some things out I'll probably end up getting an Ipod and run that firmware. I'm probably going to hold off for a bit though. I thought prices had come down on these things a bit more then they have.
rhvkl

Post by rhvkl »

Ede wrote:Rockbox is awesome. =)
... confirm your post :) and no need to buy another player: ipod is ok and archos, too. Give Rockbox a try...

Return to “Sound”