Can't boot fom USB after installing Opensuse 12.3

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
3mutts

Can't boot fom USB after installing Opensuse 12.3

Post by 3mutts »

Ok, I want to test out Elementary OS on my test desktop (a Dell Dimension E521), I know this can boot form a USB as I installed Opensuse from a USB and I tested the USB in my laptop and it booted just fine. I also know the USB ports are working because I can use my USB connected keyboard. Well, it looks like the BIOS is skipping the USB and booting to Opensuse (and I have it set to boot from the USB first). Is there anyway to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lew_Rockwell_Fan

Re: Can't boot fom USB after installing Opensuse 12.3

Post by Lew_Rockwell_Fan »

2 long shot thoughts occur to me:

1-
I also know the USB ports are working because I can use my USB connected keyboard.
You might want to double check that. Just because one is working doesn;t mean they all are. On the mobo I just retired some worked and some didn't.

2-I had a system that wouldn't boot from a perfectly good cd unless I hit del to enter the bios setup when booting, waited a moment, and then closed it without changing anything. Sounds weird, I know. But it worked. You might try it.
3mutts

Post by 3mutts »

^ Already tried switching the USB ports and it didn't work, Ill try your other suggestion today.
3mutts

Post by 3mutts »

Nope didn't work.

Return to “Open Chat”