[SOLVED] DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RytronII
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor...

Post by RytronII »

Hi.

I get this error.

Code: Select all

Unable to mount pen_drive_name
DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.Failed:An operation is already pending
It happens the first time I add a pen drive but if I eject the pen drive and put back in (or even a different pen drive - the error does not show up until the next reboot). I did recently uninstall nautilus and install caja.

I've seen this error else where on forums but not with Xfce.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse: "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
RytronII
Level 4
Level 4

Re: DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.Failed:An

Post by RytronII »

I tinkered with the options in Settings >> Removable Drives and Media. I no longer get the error. Check image attached.
Husse: "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
mbman88

Re: [SOLVED] DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.

Post by mbman88 »

Where do I find this menu or a menu very similar to it in the Cinnamon version of Mint? My PNY encrypted wouldn't mount automatically like it normally does. My harddrive has been screwy recently and I had to fix some files and backup files.. probably messed with settings. So I need to check how Mint is handling this. I managed to unlock and mount it all manually using Disk Utility but I don't want to do that everytime.

Return to “Xfce”