Taskbar Thumbnails -on hover

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
gzchetco

Taskbar Thumbnails -on hover

Post by gzchetco »

A convenience of Gnome3 which is also avaliable in Cinnamon is SCALE. The Cinnamon desktop hotcorner is set to scale (spread) all open applications. I also map the Super Key (Super_L) to scale too, I use this a lot and it's good, but "Taskbar Thumbnails" would be great to have too.

Here's the idea:
KDE has a broken functionality called Taskbar Thumbnails -on hover. Combined with taskbar grouping, it's great when it works but has been broken in KDE for a long time (not to be confused with icon-only task manager).

QUESTION: Could ~something like~ Taskbar Thumbnails be implemented in Cinnamon?
In no way do I want to turn anything into KDE, but thumbnails are a great convenience.

-Thanks, Big Cinnamon Fan
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Taskbar Thumbnails -on hover

Post by xenopeek »

As noted in the forum rules (see the box at the top of your topic), suggestion and new ideas for Cinnamon go on GitHub. If you want the developers to take note, put it there. And search first please; perhaps somebody else can up with the same or similar :wink:
gzchetco

Post by gzchetco »

May I point out the heading for this section is "Suggestions & New Ideas" under "Development"?
Yes, I saw the forum rule to direct suggestions to GitHub but posted here anyway.
If posts such as this are not welcome on the forum please remove or rename this section.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

You are welcome to make all kinds of suggestions and new ideas here for Linux Mint, and you're very much appreciated for it. We pool ideas from here and the Community site and take those to the Linux Mint developers for considering. Ideas like default programs to include, new programs to develop, ways to spread word about Linux Mint, ideas for partnering with other projects or vendors, and so and so on. Ideas for the Cinnamon developers however, go to the Cinnamon development site.

That might sound a bit blunt and final, but we've given it good consideration together with the development team. Cinnamon is being developed by developers from all kinds of Linux and BSD distros. It's not just Linux Mint anymore that Cinnamon runs on--far from it in fact! So all these developers, from all these distros, they have to work together somehow and keep track what development has been done and what new ideas are there to consider to work on. The Cinnamon developers use GitHub for that. That's why we want you to post ideas there.

This is no different from you having ideas that would require programming on KDE, MATE, or Xfce--we would ask you to post those ideas on the website those developers use as well instead of posting them here. These desktop environments are developed in the same way as Cinnamon--by a larger team of mostly volunteer developers using various Linux and BSD distros, that come together in one place to do the programming together.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”