OpenOffice.org and network mounts

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doubled
Level 1
Level 1

OpenOffice.org and network mounts

Post by doubled »

From within OpenOffice.org, I cannot open a file from a network volume mounted on the desktop. I can right click the file from the mounted folder, choosing OOo as the application, but this is not as convenient as being able to open from within OOo. This is a nagging problem in an otherwise beautiful distribution that shows a lot of polish.

Any chance that I'm overlooking something that enables opening network files from within OOo?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
doubled
Level 1
Level 1

Post by doubled »

I just found that "Network Servers" -- placed on the desktop with Mint Desktop -- will show up in the OOo file list. That helps!

In a network environment where there are multiple shared drives, however, it becomes tedious to drill down through the shares to get to the file (or to save a file to the proper location). It would be much more convenient if the same capability were present in Mint's OOo that is available in Ubuntu's, where OOo sees each mounted share among the folders and files in the "File -- Open" dialog.

I know ... patience ....

Return to “Software & Applications”