Newest Klikit

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
down8ve
Level 1
Level 1

Newest Klikit

Post by down8ve »

I've used Mint in the past and really liked it. My weakness is that my skills and aesthetics often fight each other over my choice of desktop environment.

Right now I am using the second release candidate of Klikit. I really, really like it. I've added pulse audio, as it is based on Kubuntu 7.10 and PA was not included. It is,of course, very similar to Mint KDE, yet a better comparison of Klikit to Kubuntu would be to say it is much like PCLinuxOS as compared to Mandriva. The difference is that it does use the Ubuntu repositories.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Newest Klikit

Post by Husse »

Would be nice to receive a review when the final is out
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Tried it, hated it. Ok, it is a RC, but still, it broke my GRUB beyond repair (or old GRUB, could still boot Klikit), I couldn't even use super grub to restore my old one, for some reason. Secondly, dead slow. Don't know why, but the live session was awfully slow, HDD install a bit faster, but still slow. Maybe some of these issues will be fixed in stable, but I kind of doubt I'll try it out, though that is just my humble opinion..
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

What differentiates it from Kubuntu other than the online software installer?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I tried it (in a virtual box of course) - it looks nice, it hangs randomly though...
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

They have some configuration GUIS and are using KBFX by default, I think.. Other than that, not much, I am much more pleased with the 64 bit installation I got of Kubuntu 8.04 right now, even got flash working (natively, no 32 bit browser emulation!)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

Return to “Chat about Linux”