Linux V Windows Analogies

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BigSteve_G

Linux V Windows Analogies

Post by BigSteve_G »

Just woundering what analogies people use when explaining the differances between Linux & Windows?

I ask because I was recently telling my foreman at work at about Linux & explained it in a way he'd understand (hes a HGV machanic) saying Windows is like a car whereas Linux is like a helicopter - they both get you from on place to another just in different ways.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trapperjohn

Re: Linux V Windows Analogies

Post by trapperjohn »

Windows is like a train; your confined to the track.
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

I wouldn't explain technology to anyone over the age of 12 with analogy.

It's demeaning to both parties.
trapperjohn

Post by trapperjohn »

Linux has no walls and no fences, so their are no windows and no gates,
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Windows is like playing with a dollhouse, Linux is like playing with Legos. You can put things in the dollhouse and take them out, but at end of day it's still a dollhouse. What you can do or build with Linux is limited only by your imagination.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
BigSteve_G

Post by BigSteve_G »

Spearmint2 wrote:Windows is like playing with a dollhouse, Linux is like playing with Legos. You can put things in the dollhouse and take them out, but at end of day it's still a dollhouse. What you can do or build with Linux is limited only by your imagination.
I'd heard one like this before but it went - Windows is like buying a model car, paint it how it want so it looks different but at the end of the day its still the same model car - Linux is like a model car built from lego, you can change it any how you want & make it in to anything you want.

Return to “Chat about Linux”