Sound cuts out at 80% - FIXED

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
taochaos

Sound cuts out at 80% - FIXED

Post by taochaos »

I installed LM a few months back and love it so far... except one thing.

When I turn the volume up past about 80% the sound completely cuts out, but the percentage seems to have more to do with volume rather than a static level. Otherwise it works well, but at a low volume that I have to strain to hear. If I mute it and unmute it the sounds returns, but if I don't lower the volume level it only plays for a couple seconds and then it cuts out.

I have searched for waaaay too long for a solution to this problem. I'm afraid I'm just not wording the search right. I've tried here and the mighty google to no avail, plenty of sound issues and I've even found my exact question asked without an answer. Anywhoo, here are the specs:

LM 14 64bit
Lenovo x220 laptop
i5
8g ram
64g SSD (OS), 320g HD
Audio Card: HDA Intel PCH
Chip: Intel Cougarpoint HDMI

If anyone can assist I would be ever so grateful. TIA! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
taochaos

Re: Sound cuts out at 80%

Post by taochaos »

Here is the guy who started with a different problem than me, but ended up with my issue. Perhaps we can help him too here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=143296&p=758947&hilit=x220+volume+problem#p758947
taochaos

Post by taochaos »

Some new information:
Sound is no problem when plugged into an external speaker through the headphone jack, works great.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

another person with a sound problem switched to the Behringer UFO202 from Amazon and reported this solved his issue

i like the USB connected DAC, such as the Behringer 202 better than the on-board sound
¡Viva la Resistencia!
taochaos

Post by taochaos »

mike acker wrote:another person with a sound problem switched to the Behringer UFO202 from Amazon and reported this solved his issue

i like the USB connected DAC, such as the Behringer 202 better than the on-board sound
Thanks for your response. When external audio is plugged in I have no issue. This issue is just with the internal speakers. Any chance somebody got an idea on fixing that?
taochaos

Post by taochaos »

Not sure how, but my sound is now FIXED! Thank you whoever fixed this driver.

Return to “Sound”