Hello Minty Community

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Epicurean

Hello Minty Community

Post by Epicurean »

Hello, I'd like to start off by introducing myself.

I have recently decided to ween myself off Windows permanently. I have been a rogue amateur windows techy doing odd jobs fixing Windows systems for several years, and I have decided I have had enough. I have constantly been getting emails and calls for help with the same problems over the years. Malware, viruses, ransomware, and other crap that gets packaged into downloads. It is my hope that I can get people to switch to Linux and end the insanity. First, I must get to know the ins and outs of it all.

Now that I have installed Mint, I have many questions, but I will do my best to search out the answers first. I have achieved the noob status and am nothing more than a seedling. Please be patient with me. I will try my best in the future as I learn the system to be helpful. In the mean time, I will be enjoying the interface and looking to integrate the kernel into my life.
I am excited about all the possibilities ahead, and I am daunted by my ignorance. Maybe someday I can be as competent with Linux as I am with Windows.

Cheers

Epicurean
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Hello Minty Community

Post by caf4926 »

Welcome > enjoy

Expect to go through the install procedure more than once. :D
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Welcome :D for now read,read, read.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the form. :mrgreen:
MishaSherpa

Post by MishaSherpa »

Hi Epicure

I also used to fix many Windoz machines. You always had to tell people
without your CDs, serial numbers, and driver discs, I can't help you (fully).
It was kind of fun though, wiping out 20 viruses with a FORMAT. Unfortunately, most people don't understand that a PC with Windoz rarely is healthy longer than a year. Fresh installs are a good thing. Many hours and drivers later... not such a good thing. You will slowly realize that a lot of stuff in linux is way more convenient.

If you are used to the Windoz look, I strongly recommend Linux-Mint-14-KDE. KDE is the most similar to Windows thing out there.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”