huawei e1550 on mint 14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fouad

huawei e1550 on mint 14

Post by fouad »

Dear Team,

I have an HP Compaq nc8430 laptop, with 3g of ram, i have always dremt of using linux and have now taken the step, i deleted windows and installed mint 14, the software is amazing, i just cant get internet to work.
i have a usb modem from huawei e1550, i did everything possible, but it is not recognized on the system, can someone please help me out?

I got it working now, but there is no interface to send sms to recharge and add bandwidth, any ideas? also i am unable to put the at sign in an email, where can i adjust this?
fouad
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nnamdi

Re: huawei e1550 on mint 14

Post by nnamdi »

please i have the same issue, i cant use my huawei e1550 modem on my mint 14, please how do i setup

thank you

Nnamdi
kukamuumuka

Re: huawei e1550 on mint 14

Post by kukamuumuka »

Google tells.

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/15-huawei-e1550.rules
and paste in the following code:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb",SYSFS{idProduct}=="1446",SYSFS{idVendor}=="12d1",RUN+="/lib
/udev/modem-modeswitch --vendor 0x12d1 --product 0x1446 --type option-zerocd"
Save the file and close the editor. Remove and re-insert the device. You should notice that service providers icon has popped up on the desktop – don’t worry about it as it is just the storage part of the device being recognized. Configuring the connection If you now click on the network-manager icon in the notification area, you’ll see a new option, “New Mobile Broadband (GSM) connection”
http://askubuntu.com/questions/73398/how-can-i-install-the-huawei-e1550-dongle

An another tutorial:

/etc/udev/rules.d/15-huawei-e1550.rules file

ACTION!="add", GOTO="huawei_zerocd_end" 

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{bDeviceClass}!="ff" ,ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device", GOTO="huawei_zerocd_disable" 
 SUBSYSTEM=="scsi", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="scsi_device", GOTO="huawei_zerocd_disable" 
 GOTO="huawei_zerocd_end" 

LABEL="huawei_zerocd_disable" 
 ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1446", RUN+="modem-modeswitch -v 0x%s{idVendor} -p 0x%s{idProduct} -t option-zerocd" 

LABEL="huawei_zerocd_end"
Now, save and exit. Next time when you plug in your USB modem, your system should automatically switch it to USB Modem mode and you’re good to go.
http://suhothayan.blogspot.fi/2010/10/huawei-e1550-usb-3g-modem-on-ubuntu.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”