AR8161 No Internet

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jimbo1qaz

AR8161 No Internet

Post by jimbo1qaz »

I have a z77x-ud3h with a AR8161 network. I cannot connect to the Internet. Are there drivers available for that particular network card?
(this post is short part. because 660 driver is installing on Windows. also how to configure nvidia drivers?)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimbo1qaz

Re: AR8161 No Internet

Post by jimbo1qaz »

Why no replies!? Is LMDE a dead forum or what?
jimbo1qaz

Post by jimbo1qaz »

Screw it, bump.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Bad luck. The support for this card has been added in kernel 3.2.39 while LMDE ISO has only 3.2.32.

You can get the updated kernel from Debian Wheezy repositories. Select the appropriate package, download it (from Windows or from another PC), save it to the flash drive and install via gdebi or gdebi-gtk.

If you're not sure about which package to choose, post here the output of this command:

Code: Select all

uname -a
jimbo1qaz

Post by jimbo1qaz »

Since I uninstalled LMDE months ago, if this bug gets fixed, I'll reinstall.
So will this interfere in any way with nvidia proprietary driver installation? If not, I'll give it a try and reinstall.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

jimbo1qaz wrote:So will this interfere in any way with nvidia proprietary driver installation?
You'll need to install the kernel headers for your current kernel version. They are needed for building nvidia's kernel module using DKMS.
But it can be done later, when you'll have the network working.

Actually, I wouldn't worry about it right now. If you'll have the network access, you will be able to update LMDE to Update Pack 7 and get both the new kernel (3.10) and the headers for it.
jimbo1qaz

Post by jimbo1qaz »

Oh **** that, I'll update over WiFi (while not a permanent solution, is sufficient for installing an update)

Return to “LMDE Archive”