Screenlock on tablet rotate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marc1uk

Screenlock on tablet rotate

Post by marc1uk »

A few months ago I finally got round to attacking tablet rotation on my Fujitsu T1010 in LMDE XFCE. It took over a week to figure out, mainly because the fujitsu tablet I have is one of those awkward models that isn't a wacom and doesn't work with most of the scripts available.
Eventually though, I got it all sorted and everything worked like a charm.
Until recently.
Now, when I swivel the screen and lay it into tablet mode, I'm logged out. All my applications close, including cellwriter, and since I don't have access to the keyboard, I can't enter my password. So I switch back to laptop mode, type in my password, and log in. Then i swivel the screen back round... and get locked out again. :|

I have checked my rotation scripts and they're working fine, and don't log me out when I run them. I've set my laptop up so that it does nothing when I close the lid, if that's relevant, but I'd rather not have to remove my user password for obvious security reasons.

Does anyone have any clues to why this might be happening or how to stop it?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marc1uk

Re: Screenlock on tablet rotate

Post by marc1uk »

Bump. Still happening. If anyone can help me make sense of the logs I can do a more specific search, but I'm clueless as to how to decrypt what lines relate to the point at which I'm logged out and what errors might be happening to cause it.

Return to “Xfce”