"mintMenu" has quit unexpectedly

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SilverNexus

Post by SilverNexus »

The last couple times I booted up my 64-bit Linux Mint 15 MATE, I have encountered a popup window that reads

Code: Select all

If you reload a panel object, it will
automatically be added back to the panel.
At the bottom, there are the options "Don't Reload" and "Reload".
When I select "Reload", everything seems to continue on as normal.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alec-Yan

Re: "mintMenu" has quit unexpectedly

Post by Alec-Yan »

I have the same problem,but i don't know the mintmenu quit unexpectedly exactly reason.i try to resolve this problem,so i found when i run python /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py manually,it display some message,seems python version problem,so i doubt python version cause the mintmenu quit unexpectedly .

python /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py display message like below:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:48: RuntimeWarning: You have imported the Gtk 2.0 module. Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail. As such this is not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with Gtk 2.0
warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)

if somebody resolve this proble ,pls tell me.thank you.
passerby

Re: "mintMenu" has quit unexpectedly

Post by passerby »

I encountered this error previously when upgrading mate-panel to a version incompatible with the version of mintmenu installed.
I resolved the issue by grabbing and installing version 5.4.9 of mintmenu directly from here: http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/main/m/mintmenu/

Return to “Software & Applications”