mint kde +kde4??

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: mint kde +kde4??

Post by Husse »

You can - but I don't recommend it!
KDE4 is not stable yet and I suspect that it will affect the Mint tools, but I don't know
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kevmille

Post by kevmille »

I agree, I tried KDE4 with Kubuntu 8.04. Simple things like trying to place application icons on the taskbar were a pain. KDE4 is just not ready for the mainstream yet and I sometimes think it will force many of us KDE users to Gnome.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well KDE explicitly states on their homepage that it still is for developers only
kevmille

Post by kevmille »

They did before but now it seems to have been removed. Granted I have not seen KDE 4.0.4 or KDE 4.1 Alpha yet so I really should not judge, well not yet at least... :o
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

kevmille wrote:They did before but now it seems to have been removed. Granted I have not seen KDE 4.0.4 or KDE 4.1 Alpha yet so I really should not judge, well not yet at least... :o
The 4.1 Alpha is much better then the previous releases, but it still freezes every now and then... :|
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
kevmille

Post by kevmille »

Zwopper wrote: The 4.1 Alpha is much better then the previous releases, but it still freezes every now and then... :|
That's nice to hear. For me, I just want the same ole taskbar. I know it is a bit old school but I like it :D

Return to “Software & Applications”