Aloha from Linux Mint 15 KDE

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
William Jones

Aloha from Linux Mint 15 KDE

Post by William Jones »

Aloha everyone,

Originally from Florida, I've been in Hawaii since 1993, and have recently installed Mint Linux 15 on my work Dell Latitude E6400 XFR. I'm really enjoying Linux Mint. I originally loaded Fedora Core 19, but was not too enthused by Gnome 3.0 - I cut my teeth with Red Hat Linux 5.0 and used it up until Fedora Core 3, then got a Mac :D

I really don't like Windows, although using it does pay the bills. When I got this toughbook (I can't call it a laptop - it's 10 pounds :shock: ), I was given the freedom to install the OS of my choice, so of course I chose Linux. The next question, then, was the distro to load. I tried out several different distros, but kept coming back to LInux Mint, but even there, I had to choose between Cinnamon, MATE, KDE, and XFCE. Choices, choices. I tried out each one, but chose to stick with KDE. I have a rather stable system now, with the exception that I can't get vmplayer to install 64-bit Windows 7. I have to use that to control my virtual machines, but could also use Windows XP. I just don't understand why I can not install a 64-bit OS in a virtual machine on a box with a 64-bit CPU running a 64-bit OS itself. Oh well, I'll eventually figure this out. Other than that, Linux Mint is running like a dream! I really like it, much better even than Red Hat and Fedora Core!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Crewp

Re: Aloha from Linux Mint 15 KDE

Post by Crewp »

Welcome to Linux Mint, and the Mint forums. :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint Forums. You may need to go into your Bios and enable 64-bit virtualization. It isn't always enabled by default.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”