Hi all, from Devon.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LarryTheLamb

Hi all, from Devon.

Post by LarryTheLamb »

That seems to be the convention in this thread so I used it!

I'm almost totally new to this kind of OS except a small amount of Unix in collage in the 80's.

I've been working in a Windows environment since Windows 3.0 and msdos before that when floppy disks were 8 inches across and really floppy!

However, that was then and time has a way of making what was once, gone!

I've finally had my fill of Windows/Virus filled sh** box waste of time cr** that it is.

When your PC is on for more time scanning for virii than it is being used for something constructive then you know its done for!

It's like if your car was in the garage being fixed 60% of the time and only available for you to use for 40% of the time what do you do?

Get another car right?

Anyway that's enough of my ranting.

I'm 40+ and no I will not be more specific. Divorced, father of two: one of each, Disabled with crippling Osteoarthritis and Severe Lax joints all over.

That's all I can think of to say.

Again, hi all.

Larry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Hi all, from Devon.

Post by kc1di »

Hi Larry and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,

I hope that Lm will take some of the stress out of your life and give you a good computing experience. It's not Windows so expect a learning curve.
but there are lots of folks here willing to help if you get stuck. Enjoy and Welcome aboard :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

I will assume that is the County of Devon [UK] and will say welcome to the mint family forums, from a fellow Brit that's well passed his sell by date

wizard
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Welcome Larry, Also, and old timer here, who started in Windows 3.0, you'll find many Windows transplants here. I must say once I switched to Linux I never turned back, enjoy Mint, it's one of the best distro's IMHO :D
LarryTheLamb

Post by LarryTheLamb »

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes Wizard I am from Devon, UK. The capitol city of that county to be more precise!

Glad to be here.

Larry
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

Welcome to the Forums from (not so) sunny Manchester. Have fun with mint, don't be shy with the questions, plenty of help here :)
A New Linux User

Post by A New Linux User »

Hi there. Welcome to the forums. By the way, it sounds like you needed a new anti-virus suite, or, a good one. When I'm on Windows, I very rarely need to interact with Kaspersky. I also remember the floppy disks, that were actually truly floppy! xD Good times.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”