Screen Recorder for LM15 Minecraft

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
techwizard10

Screen Recorder for LM15 Minecraft

Post by techwizard10 »

Hey, My windows machine crashed, so I installed LM15. I used to use Minecraft and Dxtory on my Windows, as I am a YouTuber. I need to get another Screen recorder. I tried using Fraps and Dxtory using Wine and PlayOnLinux, that didnt work. Using Screencastor, great results, but NO SOUND. I need to get a screen recorder soon for my next Episode of Lets Play!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Royalb15

Re: Screen Recorder for LM15 Minecraft

Post by Royalb15 »

the only other desktop recorder I can think of is recordMyDesktop, which is available in the Software center

or by doing

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gtk-recordmydesktop
seehymeh

Post by seehymeh »

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1229

I found this article on the community website. The software listed are Istanbul, recordMyDesktop, xvidcap, vnc2swf, Krut Computer Recorder, cpsrecode capseo and KWin.

I don't know anything about these. Maybe try them out and report back with your experience. Good Luck.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jessey Lawson »

Recordmydesktop is pure bullshit. I know as I used to make some linux mint gaming videos. I gave up affter Supertuxcart. Recordmydesktop is just awefull for gameing and if you can get kazam to work then you will be all set. You will have to manualy go into its confgi file though as the GUI does not fully work in the preferces section. Other then that it is the best desktop recorder for linux and once when the bugs are worked out I would reconed it to everyone. Serriosly go to the software center and try it your self.
techwizard10

Post by techwizard10 »

OK, I will try some of these suggestions.

Thanks
Booman

Post by Booman »

Nice, I thought about trying Recordmydesktop for my game guides.
I've been wanting to try some game installation videos and maybe this will do it for me.
Thanks
Osirez

Post by Osirez »

SimpleScreenRecorder was the most stable and easy to use I've found so far. Definitely worth a try.
Booman

Post by Booman »

I actually tried RecordMyDesktop and it ran perfectly.
My goal is to not only record the game, but I want to record the install.
Can Screen Recorder do that?

Return to “Gaming”