Software Portal - Elyssa

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Software Portal - Elyssa

Post by lakehousetech »

Hey all,
Very excited about the upcoming Elyssa release, and was snooping around the software portal. I'm impressed with the large number of applications available (228), but was wondering if the categories from Daryna such as 'Development' for example are going to be available? Can the Daryna software portal section be used with Elyssa? Hope this question isn't too stupid...it's been a long day! Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dracorX

Re: Software Portal - Elyssa

Post by dracorX »

While i like .mint portal, we gotta take care that it stays fairly current. Look at the CNR warehouse (it works now for mint, great, really good place) but some packages are just out of date (it is last time I checked).
Husse

Post by Husse »

For apps for Daryna in Elyssa you have to read carefully to see if it is possible - sometimes - sometimes not
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Thanks all! I was able to install programs from the Daryna portal without any trouble. I'm really pleased with Elyssa Beta 032, and want you to know how much I appreciate you guys busting your asses to make this thing great! Cheers!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ed,

Pardon my misunderstanding, but if the apps are in the Ubuntu repos, what is the point of copying them over to the portal?

I thought the portal was for packages that weren't in the repos.

Thanks

Fred
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ed,

Thanks Ed, I am with you now.... I am just a little slow. :-)

Fred

Return to “Software & Applications”