Bianca, soon shipping worldwide.

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Bianca, soon shipping worldwide.

Post by clem »

Hi,

I've been talking a lot to different people and we made some agreements with two other companies in order to be able to ship Bianca worldwide.

Bianca will come as a CD in a DVD case and will include a 15 pages booklet which will cover all the secrets of mintDisk, mintDesktop and other mint specific things. It will ship for $29.99 anywhere in the World (shipping charges being included).

An option called mint-space will be available for an extra $25. This will consist a 1 year hosting offer including a domain name (.org or .com), 1GB of web space, unlimited ftp, unlimited subdomains, unlimited email (POP, IMAP, SMTP, Webmail), Perl-CGI, PHP, Mysql Database..

Commercial support will also be available as an option starting from a 1 month option to a full year.

So if you want to get Bianca shipped to your door, or to your company, or even make a gift to somebody, you'll be able to do so in the following ways:

Linux Mint 2.2 Bianca: $29.99
options:
1 year of mintSpace: + $25
1 month of support: + $30
3 months of support: + $80
6 months of support: + $150
1 year of support: + $290

Of course you'll always be able to download the ISO for free and get support on the IRC and forums at no cost, but with these new options we'll be able to ship the release to your door, and offer valuable services to people who require more dedicated support and/or web hosting.

Thanks for your attention and please give us your feedback on this.
Clem.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

this sounds like a good idea, especially if it enables you to concentrate on developing mint full-time. Initially I thought £30 was a little high but then realised it was $30 so more like £15 which is much more reasonable. one question though, would the MintSpace package be available on its own? You may get some people who want to download the .iso but want somewhere to store data or serve it from.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Interesting.
Could you give more details about the support you'll propose? Will you do this personally, Clem, or do you delegate this to another company?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

mintspace will basically be taken care of by nutime.de so Michael can give you more information about this. They already sell web hosting on nutime.de and have three different offers. They're now running mint-space.com as a special offer to Linux Mint users and include the offer as an option when you purchase the box. I don't know if they plan to sell the service independently but I guess they might.

Phil: It all depends on the number of tickets and the workload involved. I'll be doing all of it to start with. If there's too much work for me I'll be trying to corrupt highly qualified people with money to give me a hand (guys like scorp123 for instance). It really depends on the demand.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Ok I just re-read my initial post and your question Phil:

- mintspace is done by nutime.de
- the manufacturing and shipping of the product is done by a company in the USA
- the support is done by us.

Clem
jes

Post by jes »