Playback for Ebook from Library.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Playback for Ebook from Library.

Post by jokersloose »

Hey All,

I was trying to download an Ebook from my local library. The preview played just fine in mplayer movie player. So I downloaded it but I can't get it to play. In Mplayer it skips and you can't understand what is being said. It will not play at all in VLC or Amarok. Now on the website it says
NetLibrary eAudiobooks cannot be played on systems running Macintosh operating systems (Macs). The latest version of Windows Media Player for Macintosh is based on Windows Media Rights Manager version 1.3, which does not offer the essential functionality of the 2.x versions.

NetLibrary uses Windows Media Rights Manager v2.x to create licenses that allow protected content to be played on PCs and portable listening devices while ensuring that the content of our publishing partners is secure. This is also the technology that allows checked out items to expire on a due date and to be renewed. At this time Microsoft`s plans to release an upgraded version of Windows Media Player for Macintosh using the 2.x rights manager are unknown.
Now I know Mint isn't Mac, but it's the closest thing I could find. So any idea's on how to make this work on Mint?

Thanks,
James

PS: The file is a .wma if that helps.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Playback for Ebook from Library.

Post by Husse »

NetLibrary uses Windows Media Rights Manager
I fear that stops it...
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Playback for Ebook from Library.

Post by jokersloose »

Well in that case I'll just have to send a very strongly worded email to the library's board. If they are going use my tax dollars to fund this service then I should be able to use it just like everyone else!

Ok rant done. LOL

James

Return to “Sound”