Using UEFI, Secure Boot, GPT Mint Install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dwd

Using UEFI, Secure Boot, GPT Mint Install

Post by dwd »

So what is the method to use if one wanted to install a full version of MINT on a 16GB Flash Drive?

The host machine is using Secure Boot, UEFI, and GTP partition tables from Win 8 x64.

What I'll be doing is booting a live MINT USB and installing from that drive to the 16GB dive. If it is impossible to boot Mint in Secure Boot mode, I can turn it off when I want to use the full USB Mint install. I'm using RUFUS to create the boot drive.

So?

1. Create a Live USB of Mint using RUFUS. This is what I'll boot from to install the FULL Mint install on the 16GB flash drive.
2. Begin installing FROM the Mint Live USB boot TO the 16GB flash drive.
3. Exactly what settings from this point on?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dwd

Re: Using UEFI, Secure Boot, GPT Mint Install

Post by dwd »

I followed these instructions, and the install went fine. However, the USB drive will not boot. On boot, the EFI does see the drive, but does not trigger boot sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKL1tmn-xC0
dwd

Re: Using UEFI, Secure Boot, GPT Mint Install

Post by dwd »

I confirmed that it will not boot on a non UEFI system either, however the Live Mint USB drive boots fine.

Return to “Installation & Boot”